“About half the practice of a decent lawyer consists of telling would-be clients that they are damned fools and should stop.”
Let the Lord Law Firm know what we can do for you.
At the Lord Law Firm, we offer small businesses a variety of [ask LEGAL] General Counsel plans, so you can have a legal department for less than the cost of a secretary. But we also recognize that not all businesses want or need a full suite of legal services. For many companies, it’s enough to handle the one thing that’s causing trouble right now. Whether you’re forming a new business or drafting your first contract, have bet-the-company litigation or need to collect your outstanding receivables, the Lord Law Firm can help.
- Litigation: Whether you have offensive claims to bring, or have been sued and need a defense, the efficient resolution of disputes is important for any business. From making pre-litigation demands, to filing suit, to navigating through the discovery process, or trials before a judge or jury, the Lord Law Firm can help guide you through the process. Our results-driven focus is always on obtaining the best outcome for clients, and not just fighting for the sake of fighting.
- Mediation: Certified Superior Court mediator Harrison A. Lord regularly helps parties resolve their disputes through mediation. He is creative, engaged, and makes scheduling and attendance (in person or virtual) easy and hassle-free.
- Collections: Sometimes, your customers just won’t pay their bills. Your legal team at the Lord Law Firm can work with you to develop a process for dealing with past-due receivables, and then implement that process for you. At every stage, you’ll know what to expect. While we can’t collect money that doesn’t exist, we can help limit your risk and aggressively pursue the maximum recovery. Just as important, we can provide counsel as to when it does, and does not, make sense to pursue a debtor.
- Business Formation: As a business owner, you have the opportunity to protect your personal assets through the formation of a separate business entity. The choices you make when you form that entity can have profound impacts on the operation of your business, taxation, and the relationship between you and your partners. Planning with the Lord Law Firm at the outset can save you significant time, money, and heartache as your business grows.
- Contract Drafting and Review: Contracts are the way that business gets done. Some clients need us to draft the contracts that form the basis for their entire business. Others need help defining the relationship between the company and its employees, or protecting the business from unfair competition. And some just need the peace of mind that comes from having their own attorney review the contracts presented to them by vendors, customers, or landlords. Whatever your contract needs, the Lord Law Firm can make sure that your contracts protect your interests, and say what you expect.
- One-Time Consultation: Sometimes, we just don’t know what we don’t know. When you need help identifying the issues that are facing your business, or even deciding whether you need a lawyer’s help at all, the Lord Law Firm provides flat fee one-time consultations. For the low price of $300.00, you can sit down with a lawyer for about an hour, talk through your issues, and find out what your options are, what action (if any) we suggest, and what we estimate it would cost.